- Aaron Hillegass's Talk on Solving "Real Problems" - My thoughts on this: Do we really need another blinged-out CD burning app?. How about solving some real problems, like law/medical/business problems???
- Jak's Tap - Great night, lots of booze and camaraderie.
- Talking about Needed Community Projects - Apple isn't going to help us here. Some serious love needs to be given to the web services (XMLRPC, REST, SOAP) and ORM (think CoreData + mysql/psql). WebServicesCore.framework is a travesty.
- A Code Repository for OS X OSS - A place to store all of the aforementioned projects. MacOSForge doesn't cut it, an independent site needs to be made available because as Aaron said, "Apple is not your friend."
- The IO Language and Actor Patterns - Steve Dekorte gave a great presentation, perfectly timed due to the popularity of the multi-core chips. Threads are not the answer.
- The Presenters - All of the presentations were top-notch... props to Fitzpatrick who was able to make a talk on version control interesting.
- The Chicago Marathon - This event caused me to miss the Adler Planetarium trip. Oh well, there's always next time.
- The Weather - This isn't really fair since I live in Phoenix :-)
- "Pitcher Remorse" - ask Daniel (a.k.a. dcj) about this, he coined the phrase describing my condition Saturday morning.
Overall, C4 was a tremendous success. Congratulations to Jonathan "Wolf" Rentzsch for putting on such a kick-ass conference! Update: For more thoughts, opinions, and comments on the whirlwind experience which was C4, check Wolf's link summary.